Unable to open hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Das
Participant

Unable to open hash file

Post by Das »

hi,

I getting the error while running the job with hash file lookup"unable to open hash file"I have used directory path option while creating the hash file.and i the input tab file name as input link name and in output tab output ink name.
Please help me out.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? You are unable to create the hashed file, or to read it once you've created it? In any case, please post the exact and complete error from the log.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

chulett wrote::? You are unable to create the hashed file, or to read it once you've created it? In any case, please post the exact and complete error from the log. ...
Actaully i am not able to read hash file.
From input stage to hash file the data got transfered.from threre i can not read,or view data.The link from input stage to Hash showing some data got transfered[say 1000 rows,500rows/sec]
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The hashed file name should be the same while creating and reading the hashed file.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:please post the exact and complete error from the log.
Please. Also, what DSGuru posted goes without saying - the names must be the same, not should be. And on UNIX that means exactly the same, case and all: 'MyHash' != 'myHash'.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You must use identical directory pathname in both Hashed File stages, and you must use the identical hashed file name in both Hashed File stages, irrespective of the link names.

Correct terminology is "hashed" file, not "hash" file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
smrutiranjannayak
Participant

All above datastage proffessionals says right

Post by smrutiranjannayak »

When you ask for some suggestion always give the error details .

Still if you have followed the suggestion above means keeping the directory and file name same for hash while reading and writing and you still got error .

Then just check your hash file it might got corrupted . I am not sure but i had faced such a scenareo .

Open your hash folder and try seeing the type.30 file . If you will see some junk value then it was corrupted . Create it again.

Cheers :lol:
Smrutiranjan Nayak
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Unable to open hash file

Post by DSguru2B »

Das wrote:and i the input tab file name as input link name and in output tab output ink name.
I think this is where he is going wrong. Giving different names while creating and reading the hashed file.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could very well be. The complete error should reveal all, at least to them. :wink:
-craig

baglasumit21
Participant

Re: Unable to open hash file

Post by baglasumit21 »

Das wrote:hi,

I getting the error while running the job with hash file lookup"unable to open hash file"I have used directory path option while creating the hash file.and i the input tab file name as input link name and in output tab output ink name.
Please help me out.
The input tab file name and output tab file name shud be same. else it wont work. make both the names common say input link
SMB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Aaarrggh! Use meaningful names. Don't use the default of using the link name as the hashed file name! I wish they'd never introduced this default. It can lead to too many problems, not least wasted disk space.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

chulett wrote:
chulett wrote:please post the exact and complete error from the log.
Please. Also, what DSGuru posted goes without saying - the names must be the same, not should be. And on ...
Hi,
Thanks.
I am getting the following error in director

WDF..Staff_hash.Hash_staff: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file '/ABC/Dasl/Hash_staff'.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok. Is that exactly the same name you used when creating the hashed file? From your O/S can you verify if that directory exists and is accessable?
-craig

baigdw
Participant

Post by baigdw »

:o
Hi
I suggest the following:
1. Check if you have the read permissions on the directory where you are creating the hashed file.
2. Check if you using the same path name for the directory. Sometimes a white space is all that is causing the error.
3. Before you run the job again try opening the file from Designer from the input tab and the output tab and make sure you have the same number of columns on input and output files.

Cheers!