usage of APT_CONFIG_FILE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tatireddi
Participant

usage of APT_CONFIG_FILE

Post by tatireddi »

Hi,

I have a DS7.5.1 single server installation on unix. I want to use the APT_CONFIG_FILE variable to execute the dsjob, which gives me the flexibilty of design and assign the variable values in a single config file.
I don't want to have the env variables defined. i defined the value of APT_CONFIG_FILE in the dsenv file.

This is the below command whicj i used

dsjob -run -param '$APT_CONFIG_FILE=/home/srini/scripts_2_test/variable.txt' proj test_seq
Error -3 getting information for parameter '$APT_CONFIG_FILE'

regards
srini

Status code = -3 DSJE_BADPARAM

Pls. do let me know how to use the APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter.
Regards

Srinivas
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

and you are trying to do these for a server job in a DS server edition?
Thanks,
Chad

Post by tatireddi »

Hi Cetin:

Yes, i am doing on the DS Server edition.
Regards

Srinivas
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

tatireddi wrote:Hi Cetin:

Yes, i am doing on the DS Server edition.
Gurus,

Correct me if I am wrong but the APT_CONFIG_FILE and its usage is only for parallel edition not for server edition, if you don't have DS PX ( DSEE) installed you cannot use it.
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's an environment variable, so would not say you couldn't "use" it - but you certainly couldn't for the purpose that it was intended. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

chulett wrote:It's an environment variable, so would not say you couldn't "use" it - but you certainly couldn't for the purpose that it was intended. :wink:

So, it is quite normal that you are getting the error.
Thanks,
Chad
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

You need to define the variable in your job as a parameter. Go to parameters and import it from your environment variables. Then you can pass it a value with dsjob.exe.

Did you create the config file using DS Manager? DS Manager allows you to test your config files.
Mike
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

michaeld wrote:You need to define the variable in your job as a parameter. Go to parameters and import it from your environment variables. Then you can pass it a value with dsjob.exe.

Did you create the config file using DS Manager? DS Manager allows you to test your config files.
Could u plz let me how to create config file and test it using server edition through manager??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The configuration file specified by APT_CONFIG_FILE is for parallel jobs.

You are trying to specify it for a server job.

Anything you create with the Configurations editor in Manager will make no sense whatsoever in a server job.

For what purpose do you want to use a "configuration file"? Might I suggest that you use a different environment variable or job parameter name for the name of your file. In this way you will not confuse your support providers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.