Lock on file due to muliple instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

47shailesh
Participant

Lock on file due to muliple instances

Post by 47shailesh »

My job for inserts using OraBulk stage ran smoothly without any error

But when i created multiple instances(3) of the same job and ran the job, my job's 2 instances aborted one due to lock on SP.ctl file and other due to lock on SP.txt file..

:?: is there a way to run the job with multiple instance without any lock.. My basic moto is to reduce the runtime of the job.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How many records are we looking at? Cant a single instance take care of the load? Use different names for different instances for the control file. Is SP.txt the data file?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

DSguru2B wrote:How many records are we looking at? Cant a single instance take care of the load? Use different names for different instances for the control file. Is SP.txt the data file?
final load will load 2billion records...

How to use different names for different instances for the control file

yes SP.txt is data file
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

By parametrizing the names.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

DSguru2B wrote:By parametrizing the names.
ok that will generate 3 diff ctl file..
what about the data file

how these ctl file can be used to load table in lesser time.. :?:
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well If you are using three different instances for loading data then I bet you will be using three different chunks of the entire data. You cannot load the same data file with all the instances. You will, just like the .ctl files, use three different .dat files, which will be parametrized as well.