SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server

Post by fridge »

I have a very simple data extraction process pulling data from a db2 table and placing in a hash file. The job as worked fine for several days.

It is currently failing with 'SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server'.

I can View Data from the db2 stage without a problem. I can also execute the sql from the command prompt. It appears another similar job is also failing with the same message.

Is this a problem at the engine level or as anyone come across this before?

Any help appreciated.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do an exact search on keywords SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What other errors/warnings are logged? After the job aborts, reset it in the Director and examine any event logged "from previous run...". It might be something simple, like one of the parameters not being passed correctly, or the DB2INSTANCE environment variable not being set. Check the first four events logged for the job run. "Job starting" contains the parameter values, and there is another containing the environment variable settings. If it's an environment variable, check the settings in the dsenv script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.