Palette is empty

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Palette is empty

Post by nkln@you »

The stages in my palette are missing. When I open a server job or sequencer, nothing is displayed in palette.

Is there any settings to make this visible.

Note: We recently upgraded DS 7.0 TO DS 7.5.2
Aim high
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is a known issue when you have certain incompatible combinations of versions of client and server software. One known combination that will generate it is version 7.5x2 client and 7.5.1A server.

Is the Palette totally empty or is there one icon that can expand to show all stage types?

Is the Stage Types branch of the Repository complete and correct?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

Ray,

The palette is totally empty. There is no single icon to expand to show all stage types.

The Stage Types branch of the Repository is complete and correct. It shows all Stages.It has 3 categories. All, Sequence & Server. And in those categories all stages are present.
Aim high
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried right-clicking in the pallete, selecting 'Customization...' and then 'Reset to factory defaults'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried re-indexing the DS_STAGETYPES table in the Repository?

Otherwise, can you achieve any progress with customizing the Palette, as Craig suggested?

If not, you probably have the mismatched versions issue. You CAN have two client versions installed, but they must be installed in different locations and in different program folders for the Multi Client Manager to be able to switch between them.

I suspect you are currently trying to access your 7.5.2 project using a 7.0 client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

Have you tried right-clicking in the pallete, selecting 'Customization...' and then 'Reset to factory defaults'?
I clicked Reset to factory defaults

This is working now.

Thanks for everyone.
Aim high