FAILED return code 255

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ananda
Participant

FAILED return code 255

Post by Ananda »

Hi,
I am running a server job. Calling it through Tivoli Scheduler Tool. When I run this job from Datastage Director its running fine. But when called from Tivoli, its aborting with the following error.

FAILED return code 255

The logs in Director is not giving sufficient information.
Resetting stage SBL_EDW_PRODUCT_SMP_ExtractSyncSort_BothData..STRAIGHT_MOVE.

Finished Resetting stage SBL_EDW_PRODUCT_SMP_ExtractSyncSort_BothData..STRAIGHT_MOVE.

Job SBL_EDW_PRODUCT_SMP_ExtractSyncSort_BothData has been reset.

Any pointers on this
Thanks
Anand
If you don't fail now and again, it's a sign you're playing it safe.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You appear to be running the job in reset mode from Tivoli. Is this the case? In that case I would expect the job status code to be 21.

What version of DataStage (precisely) are you running? There were some issues in version 7.0.x with the wrong byte of the return code being passed back.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:You appear to be running the job in reset mode from Tivoli. Is this the case? In that case I would expect the job status code to be 21.

What version of DataStage (precisely) are you running? There were some issues in version 7.0.x with the wrong byte of the return code being passed back.
Is there a solutions for this? I mean, when we get the wrong return code how to deal with it?

Thanks for your help.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Please open a new thread.

Also provide your issue in detail.