Component DSSE_ServerEngine problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsean
Participant

Component DSSE_ServerEngine problem

Post by dsean »

Hi All,
I am trying to install the DataStage version 7.5 in my laptop. DataStage Client is installed with no problem but when I am installing DataStage Server , I am getting the following error.

Component Error returned the following data transfer error. setup will abort now.
Media Name: data
Component :DSSE_ServerEngine
File Group:DSSE_Base
File:
Error Number: -145
Failed to load '.\BIN\DSENGINE.DLL'.

With the above error the installation is aborting..I searched the forums but did not find the solution for this.
Any help could be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
sean
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think you'll need to contact your vendor/support provider over this one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And the first thing they'll tell you is XP is not a supported Server platform.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
naveenshetty
Participant

Post by naveenshetty »

Hi,

I have installed Ascential7.5.1a on my desktop with XP as OS, its working fine, np at all, even with previous versions also, if one applies patches supplied by Ascential relating to those it works out, thanx
naveen shetty
lfong
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lfong »

If you have installed the server, why would you need the client? The director, developer and administrator should be there after the install.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, they will only be there after a Client install as they are client tools.
-craig

dsean
Participant

Post by dsean »

XP is not a supported Server platform??? thats not true..

DataStage can be installed on XP and there is no problem with the OS. May be I am missing something which I dont understand.
Any help can be appreacited...

Thanks
Sean
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Making it work is one thing and a supported platform is another. At IBM's website they are a matrix chart which has all information about supported platforms.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

dsean wrote:XP is not a supported Server platform??? thats not true..

DataStage can be installed on XP and there is no problem with the OS. May be I am missing something which I dont understand.
Right. So you really don't have a problem?

Open up the Install and Upgrade Guide to Page 2-4. If we've got the same version, you'll find this:
Hardware and Software Requirements

Check that you have the following hardware and software before you install DataStage.

Server
A PC with an Intel processor (or equivalent) running Windows 2000 service pack 4 or later (Professional, Server, Advanced Server), or Windows 2003 Server (Standard, Enterprise). A minimum of 256 MB memory.

Client
A PC with an Intel processor (or equivalent) running , Windows 2000 service pack 4 or later (Professional, Server, Advanced Server), or Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 SP2 or better. A screen resolution of 800 x 600 or better is recommended with True Color (24-bit). A minimum of 128 MB memory.

If you want to use the same computer as both client and server, you must use a PC with an Intel processor (or equivalent). You also require .NET framework v1.1.
Note the difference in requirements for the Client and Server components. Note the lack of XP under the Server requirements.

And as already mentioned, getting it to work and it being 'supported' are two different things. I never said you wouldn't find some way to fix your problem - I mentioned it being unsupported because when you call for support, you'll find they are not all that motivated in helping you getting it working on a platform they don't officially support.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What it means is that you're on your own. It may work, but the total amount of support you'll get from IBM is a round number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.