ODBC connection Dead

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shwetha.st
Participant

ODBC connection Dead

Post by shwetha.st »

Hi,

Iam trying to run a job which has an ODBC as the lookup, but getting an error as
[b][DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-12203: unable to connect to destination|.[/b]

Previously our database password was changed and this change has been done in all ODBC related files.Before the change of password this was working fine,now we are having this issue.

So could any one tell me what need to be done regarding this issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. Here is something a quick Google turned up:

http://ora-12203.ora-code.com/

Have you discussed this with your DBA? First thing to check seems to be to see if the listener is up. Can you connect to this instance from anywhere else? Are you sure you changed the password in your job, not just in 'all ODBC related files'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shwetha.st
Participant

Re: ODBC connection Dead

Post by shwetha.st »

Thank's for your reply,but i have checked the password in my job as well,its the correct password.

[quote="shwetha.st"]Hi,

Iam trying to run a job which has an ODBC as the lookup, but getting an error as
[[color=red]b][DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-12203: unable to connect to destination|.[/b]
[/color]
Previously our database password was changed and this change has been done in all ODBC related files.Before the change of password this was working fine,now we are having this issue.

So could any one tell me what need to be done regarding this issue.[size=12][/size][/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok... then have you taken this issue to your DBA?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers