DSJobStartTime

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ghostraider
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSJobStartTime

Post by ghostraider »

Hi All,

I have 5 jobs which are already developed and i neet to put them in a sequence. I have to populate the start time of the first job in all the remaining jobs. Can someone tell me how to do it using GetDSJobInfo.

Thanks much
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

In the first job itself load a hashed file with a dummy key with the job start time. Reference that hashed file in the derivation of a parameter using UtilityHashLookup(), in all the following jobs.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Use this code in Xfm,of rest jobs,

DSGetJobInfo(DSAttachJob('test',DSJ.ERRFATAL),DSJ.JOBSTARTTIMESTAMP))
where test is first job name.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

DSguru2B wrote:In the first job itself load a hashed file with a dummy key with the job start time. Reference that hashed file in the derivation of a parameter using UtilityHashLookup(), in all the following jobs.
for this method,you need to define dummy key as hash key.so better you can hard code "1" as SEQ_NAME(column name).and look this hash file in routine by "1" as hash key(arg.2)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Create a user variables activity ahead of Job 1. Catch the server time in a variable. Make this the last variable in the grid, and its time will be close enough to the start time of Job 1. Pass a reference to this user variable as the parameter value. Do you need a timestamp or just a time?

Code: Select all

Oconv(Date(),"D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Oconv(Time(),"MTS:")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.