How to Print/Copy details in LIST DS_JOBS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepsankar
Participant

How to Print/Copy details in LIST DS_JOBS

Post by sandeepsankar »

Hi,

I would like to create a report with the details of all jobs under each category. I am aware that LIST DS_JOBS in command prompt can help me with each of the job details but it doesnt support copying or printing. do we have a work around for this?

My requirement is to create a report with all jobs under each category. your responses would be great help!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandeep
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

you can use from a ds Job:
DSGetProjectInfo function with = DSJ.JOBLIST
and link this output to a file.

regards,
Cristina.
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

also you can use since the command line:
dsjob -ljobs <Project>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The following commands will capture the output from your query into a file called jobs.rpt in your project directory. The commands (and the file name) are case sensitive.

Code: Select all

DIVERT.OUT ON &UFD& jobs.rpt

SELECT NAME FMT '36L', CATEGORY FMT '40L' FROM DS_JOBS ORDER BY 2,1;

DIVERT.OUT OFF
You can adjust the widths in the FMT clauses to suit your requirements but they should not exceed 79 characters unless you change the device width. For this report you ought not need to do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I give away a bunch of jobs and routines call EtlStats. Several of the jobs and routines are just to produce this kind of documentation. The results all come out as html pages. These jobs and routines all have GenHtml in the name. Both EtlStats and GenHtml have been discussed before. Do a search.
Mamu Kim