Parameter Name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jothy Ganesan
Participant

Parameter Name

Post by Jothy Ganesan »

Hi All,
I have a doubt here.
I have a simple job with a DB2 unload to a hash file.
I use parameters to name the hash file stage.
I got ds_uvput() - Write failed for record id warning..
I checked the data and there was no special characters. I then tried loading the same data in to the hash file by removing my parameter name.All records got loaded without any error!
My question is "Is there any restrictions to the length of the parameter name?"
I first used a name with 47 characters,now i have reduced the parameter length and the job runs fine!
Can anyone please let me know whats the Maximum length of a parameter name (not the value to it) :?:

Regards
Jothy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The maximum length of a parameter name is either 255 characters or 768 characters. I don't think that the length of the parameter name was the problem here. Can you please post the complete error message? I suspect that the problem was the value given to the parameter, or perhaps that the parameter reference was inexact in the Hashed File stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As noted, it could be due to the parameter value. Hope you dont have any special character in it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Could you please give us the Parameter details (Name, Type, Initial value if any) and the value of the parameter. Will be easy for us to analyze the issue.