Accessing Datastage parameter from external (.par) file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vermarah
Participant

Accessing Datastage parameter from external (.par) file

Post by vermarah »

Hi
Can anyone send me shell script to run datastage by passing parameter values. I am running datastage jobs by calling shell script with the help of D2k.
Rahul verma
Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Search the site for dsjob -run, you can find lot of hits and pointers for that.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

For example, this thread deals with passing parameters using dsjob option in detail.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You're answering the question in the body of the post, Kumar, but missing the subject which seems to be taking this question to another level.

What exactly do you need help with, vermarah? I'll wager you're currently passing parameters in your shell script (in spite of the fact I've no clue what 'D2k' is) but would like to know how to read those parameters from a file and assign them dynamically... yes?

If that's the case, can you share with us the layout of your 'external (.par) file? Are you looking to do all this in one shell script or would you consider using 'job control', like a Sequence job with the External Variables stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ack... version 6.x... never mind the last suggestion with the External Variables stage as that doesn't exist in your version. You'd need to either roll your own BASIC job control or perhaps do something with some custom routines for a non-scripted solution.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

chulett wrote:You're answering the question in the body of the post
True missed that. If you can explain the role of D2K, and the structure of the par file, you would get more relevant replies.