Job Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Job Warning

Post by edward_m »

All,

I don't want to abort my job with unlimited warnings..i want to run this job using dsjob..could please suggest me the commad line argument for unlimited warnings dsjob..

Thanks in Advance..
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I think its dsjob -warn 0, right. Or just keep that number a huge huge number.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Hi,

Go to Director.Click "Tools --> Option" and go to Limits tab and set the option "No Limit" for warnings. After this setting jobs won't abort if it's called from sequencer / job control / unix script etc.,
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

oacvb wrote:Hi,

Go to Director.Click "Tools --> Option" and go to Limits tab and set the option "No Limit" for warnings. After this setting jobs won't abort if it's called from sequencer / job control / unix script etc.,
Director option won't affect if the job is been called by dsjob. Director setting is for each client and dsjob is server side command. -warn 0 is for no limit.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSguru2B wrote:I think its dsjob -warn 0, right.
Right.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Is there anyways to override the client setting ? I am triggering the job from Director and wanted to take the option from Server if at all available. Because It will be an issue,if i didn't look the setup of director.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is no 'option from Server'... what do you mean by that? :?

You can either change the default warning level in the Director tool itself or override it on a job by job basis manually when you run a job.
-craig

oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

We are 5 memebers in a team, if some one hasn't set the option in director which causing the job to abort. So if at all any option in DS Administrator (Like purging of log etc.,) i can set the option.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Still unclear. There are no options in the Administrator which control the Warning Limit.

If you want a default in the Director other than to 'Abort job after 50 warnings' - you'll need to change that on every PC where you've installed the DataStage client.

Or are we talking about the Auto-purge action section in the Administrator?
-craig

oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

I am not talking about log purging in Administrator. Period.

I was thinking is there any option in server to control the warning limit....If not then it is slightly unconformtable of Data Stage where they would have given the option to set at project level.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You mentioned it in the previous post, hence the question.

Unfortunately, no - no Project level setting for warning levels exists. And be aware that the default for Warnings when you run a job from the Designer is unlimited - and there's no way to change that default. :evil:
-craig

oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Yeap..Thanks for the response. I was just referring that auto-purge setting which can be done from Administrator.

Don't we feel sad that we can't set the warning option for a project? :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I haven't found it to be an issue, but could see where it might be a nice option to have. Options are good. :wink:
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

oacvb wrote:We are 5 memebers in a team, if some one hasn't set the option in director which causing the job to abort. So if at all any option in DS Administrator (Like purging of log etc.,) i can set the option.
So the option should be to call the jobs from dsjob command with -warn option. So who ever runs it, the value is hard coded. (Optionally parameterized)
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

U r right Kumar, But that shell script needs to be called from sequence right?...What if that fails?