NLS Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myotoo
Participant

NLS Error

Post by myotoo »

Hi,

I have one source file having both Thai and Germany characters. Even they are in one column called description.

How should I map these file/column since NLS map is different for Thai and Germany.

Thanks,
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to split the records base of some other existing identifier for language. And try to process it as two seperat files.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it Thai in some rows and German in other rows, or a mixture in any given single row?

If the former, you could read using the Thai map (TIS602?), which would reject rows with Thai-unmappable characters. In another job or another stream you could read using the ISO8859 map for German, which would reject rows containing Thai characters.

If you have a mixture of Thai and German characters in the same column in the same row, this is a trickier problem to solve. You could attempt to use some generic Unicode or UTF-8 mapping, but I would have to think this through a little more carefully. What do you want to do with the data in this column?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.