Date format Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Das
Participant

Date format Error

Post by Das »

Hi,

Hi ,
I have one issue with the date format.Please give suggestions.

I need to convert the date format coming in mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy to update a data fileld in an informix table where field datatype is date

Thanks,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Code: Select all

OCONV(ICONV(In.DateStringColumn,'D4MDY'),'D4/DMY[2,2,4]')
Note that this does not check for valid dates. Or, as a string solution,

In.DateStringColumn[4,3]:In.DateStringColumn[1,3]:In.DateStringColumn[7,4]
The latter is faster as it just manipulates string portions.
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

ArndW wrote:

OCONV(ICONV(In.DateStringColumn,'D4MDY'),'D4/DMY[2,2,4]')
Note that this does not check for valid dates. Or, as a string solution,

In.DateStringColumn	 ...[/quote]

Thanks.

In my case source and target are same.i am fetching some data and trying to update the same table with some logic.IN table the format is [b]dd/mm/yyyy[/b]..When i run this job in director a messege is coming as follows [b]Date could not be converted into month/day/year format[/b]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I just re-read your post and saw that you are using INFORMIX. You need to use the internal date format, so just the ICONV() part to convert your date.
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

ArndW wrote:I just re-read your post and saw that you are using INFORMIX. You need to use the internal date format, so just the ICONV() part to convert your date. ...
When i am viewing data from input stage->view data option it is showing integer values of dates.Can i use like following
ICONV(reg_link.reg_date,'D4MDY')

Please suggest..
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Do a select and load it to a flat file, just a few records. See if the date comes up as integers (internal format). If yes then no conversion is required, pass it as it is.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

DSguru2B wrote:Do a select and load it to a flat file, just a few records. See if the date comes up as integers (internal format). If yes then no conversion is required, pass it as it is.
Thank you

I have tried the same ,The date is coming in internal integer format.When i try to update the date field with this value,It is not getting updated.and giving the following message in director
ABC...Dt_update: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Date could not be converted to month/day/year format
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the date really is coming in internal integer format (how did you verify this fact?), then you need to apply a conversion function. Use Oconv() if it's DataStage internal format, or one of the SDK functions if it's based on a different base date (for example 1970 or 1900).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.