DSU.ClearHashFile is not cataloged

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSU.ClearHashFile is not cataloged

Post by Nagin »

I have a simple job
HashFile -> IPC-> Transformer->IPC->Hashfile.

This job is called as a after job sub routine. And the parameters are seem to be passing right. Any of you guys seen this error before? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thank you.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Re-compile your routine ClearHashFile and try if it works.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

narasimha wrote:Re-compile your routine ClearHashFile and try if it works.
I tried re-compiling the job I am still getting the same error
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Another question would be, can you test and get the desired results from your routine, when you try it outside the job.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nagin wrote:
narasimha wrote:Re-compile your routine ClearHashFile and try if it works.
I tried re-compiling the job I am still getting the same error
He did not ask you to recompile a job but to recompile the ClearHashFile routine. Is that what you did?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Has this routine ever worked before? Also set it as a Transform Routine and then test it out. See if it works Ok. Once it doesn, you can set it back to before/after routine. Are you sure you compiled your routine?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is that the job was exported from another project and imported into this one but the routine was not, so that ClearHashFile does not even appear in the Repository. If this is the case, you must obtain the routine from wherever the job was exported from.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:Another possibility is that the job was exported from another project and imported into this one but the routine was not, so that ClearHashFile does not even appear in the Repository. If this is the case, you must obtain the routine from wherever the job was exported from.
Yep, Ray nailed it. The routine was not imported along with the job and its not there in repository. I have imported the routine and re ran the job, it runs fine.

Thank you all very much.