odbc stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

odbc stage

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus;
Is it possible to dump the data from odbc to odbc.
odbc--->odbc. without any transfomation in between the two stages.I tried out its throwing error.
It doesn't recognise the table name, even if i choose in the target update action as create new table, its throwing error.

please help me.
cheers;
vijaykumar
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Please post exact error message.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

It is certainly possible but you need to provide all the connection information, table names etc etc.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Indeed it's one of the lab exercises you do in the IBM DataStage Essentials (server edition) class.

So, please verify the details as DSguru2B requested, also verify that you have sufficient privilege to create tables in the data source to which you are connecting. Are there any error/warning messages logged? If so, please post these.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.