The Batch is aborted with error "ORA-01017: invalid use

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shaonli
Participant

The Batch is aborted with error "ORA-01017: invalid use

Post by shaonli »

I am Presently working in Datastage 6.0. server jobs.The Database is Oracle9i
My batch is scheduled at 7:30PM from Monday to Friday.Parameters are hardcoded in the Batch.But It is getting aborted everyday with this error "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".

After resetting the batch when I am running it manually(without changing the parameters values eg:userid,password) the batch is running fine.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :D

Normally, I would say that the Batch job was scheduled with invalid values for the connection parameters. That would explain why it fails when cron runs it and then works fine during a manual run. Whenever parameter values in a scheduled job need to change, you can't just change the values in the job. You need to either Unschedule it and then add it back so the correct values get stored, or Reschedule the job and correct the values during that process.

However, you've said that the 'Parameters are hardcoded in the Batch', so without knowing exactly what that means I can't offer any other advice if the above doesn't pan out until you clarify that statement.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

chulett wrote:Welcome. :D

Normally, I would say that the Batch job was scheduled with invalid values for the connection parameters. That would explain why it fails when cron runs it and then works fine during a manual run. Whenever parameter values in a scheduled job need to change, you can't just change the values in the job. You need to either Unschedule it and then add it back so the correct values get stored, or Reschedule the job and correct the values during that process.

However, you've said that the 'Parameters are hardcoded in the Batch', so without knowing exactly what that means I can't offer any other advice if the above doesn't pan out until you clarify that statement.
'Parameters are hardcoded in the Batch' means that the parameters eg:userid,password are given in the batch as default parameters.When we are running the batch manually we are not changing any parameter values ,rather resetting and running it.So when we are running it manually it is running with the same default parameters and it is running fine.But when is called by the scheduler at scheduled time it is getting the given oracle error.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's not 'hardcoded' but fine, I understand what you mean. I stand by my diagnosis - reschedule the job, correct the parameter values stored there and it will be fine the next time it runs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers