DSD.UVOpen error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dannywcw
Participant

DSD.UVOpen error

Post by dannywcw »

Hi all, i'm facing the following error

"DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..Hashed_LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_TMP4.IDENT2: |DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_FROM4.in: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH4.|"

Any solutions for this ? Thank you.
dwcw
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

The message is "unable to open hashed file LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH4".

Can you prove to us (with an ls -llisting, for example) that this hashed file exists and that you have appropriate permission to open it? Can you also confirm how the Hashed File stage refers to it - in the account or in a directory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

hi, thanks for the help but i'm just a regular member. i cant read the whole message u replied. please help. i did tried to delete the hash file. but it reply there's no such hash file.
dwcw
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is the hashed file in an 'account' or pathed into a directory? How did you try to delete the file? Has the job ever worked and is just now having this problem?

Describe your job - are you using the hashed file as a reference lookup? If yes, it must exist first and have been created by another 'process' first. Typically that would be another job but doesn't absolutely have to be.

More details from you are required to properly answer your question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For a few cents per day you can read premium posts and help to pay for the bandwidth charges that DSXchange incurs.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

hi chulett,

"Is the hashed file in an 'account' or pathed into a directory? How did you try to delete the file? Has the job ever worked and is just now having this problem?

Describe your job - are you using the hashed file as a reference lookup? If yes, it must exist first and have been created by another 'process' first. Typically that would be another job but doesn't absolutely have to be.

More details from you are required to properly answer your question."

i tried to delete the hash file by executing
"DELETE VOC LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH4"

The job was working fine previously. This job is used as a reference lookup. How do i find out which 'process' is responsible to create the hash file? I was wondering if i re-compile or re-export my backup copy of the job to the production environment, will it help? This is killing me. need help badly.

Thank you !!!
dwcw
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

hi all thanks for ur kind assistance,

I've able to delete the hash file. I rerun the job hoping that i would run without abort but it didnt and it shows this error

DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_FROM4.in: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH4.

DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..Hashed_LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_TMP4.IDENT2: |DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_FROM4.in: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH4.|

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0..Hashed_LOG_PRE_DAILY_BAL_DUP_HASH_TMP4.IDENT2

Job DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4%rel50.1.0 aborted.

Please advice. Thank you.
dwcw
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is the stage DJobFlushLogicaPrepaidDailyBalanceHash4 a write, read or a reference stage? How do you reference the hashed file - by path or by name?
dannywcw
Participant

Post by dannywcw »

hi all,

Thanks a lot for the advice. Its actually an error caused by the job which creates the hash file. It was not compiled. So i recompile it and its fine now.

But its kind of weird, the job was compiled and running fine previously. How on earth did the job status became "Not Compiled" ? Weird

Thanks anyway.
dwcw
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Anyone opening the job in Designer, or its properties in Manager, and making any little change (even moving an annotation) then clicking Save constitutes an "edit". This will change the job's status to Not Compiled until it is once again compiled. The DS_AUDIT table tracks edits made with DataStage clients, identifying by whom and when each edit was made.