multiple instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narsi1111
Participant

multiple instances

Post by narsi1111 »

Hi,

i wants more details about how the multiple instances job will work ,if iam going to call same job with diffrent parameters for each instances,

like what in terms of harware usage of diffrent instances, and any performance imapact if we create multiple instances of dsjob.

please one can send me the high level commnets

Regards,
nvenki
kris
Participant

Re: multiple instances

Post by kris »

narsi1111 wrote: i wants more details about how the multiple instances job will work ,if iam going to call same job with diffrent parameters for each instances,

like what in terms of harware usage of diffrent instances, and any performance imapact if we create multiple instances of dsjob.
With multiple instances option enabled, each instance is like a new job with different parameters. Running many of them in parallel will give you more thruput and more cpu utilization.

In server jobs, if you want to take advantage of hardware resources and get your processing done faster, jobs with multiple instances is way to go.

I found using this feature in server jobs very effective in terms of performance when I have multiple CPU's available, and have lot of processing to do where you can partition your source data(may be over Giga byte size file processing or DB loading).

Kris~
~Kris