The connection has timed out

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

The connection has timed out

Post by swades »

Hello,
Gurus,
I am fetting following Error message when I am connectin to DataStage Designer. However I am able to login server through Telnet using same username and password. What can be the issue ?
Massage is :
Failed to connect to host: <Host name> , project: <Project name>
(The connection has timed out (81015))
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It is timeout error. May be due to firewall setting in your client machine. It the case from other PC?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Thanks

No, I am using my Laptop from which I didnt get this error before.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if any of your recent software installation after the port 31538 connectivity.
Try pinging from your Command Prompt to the uinx server. If that pings, you can very well focus on the firewall issues. If its is very recent effect, try System restore.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can also search on the error message and try different suggestion in those posts.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.