ABOUT AIX VERSION

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

ABOUT AIX VERSION

Post by vijaykumar »

HI,

our company wants to go for DATASTAGE AIX version. where can i buy the software for AIX VERSION.what are the hardware requirements to install AIX version.In order to purchase the license, do they ask for per-requirements.

Gurus please help me.

cheers;
vijay
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Check the IBM site, contact the IBM representatives, They will be more than happy to help you out!
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

This page has it all.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,

The Page posted has the contact number for IBM.I tried to call them but they are open for 5 days only.Actually i need to collect all the information necessary to go for datastage server edition for AIX version.
When i went to download section i could find softwares for datastage for peoplesoft,sieble....
I couldn't find datastage server edition for UNIX AIX.
Do IBM people post these packs.We have AIX BOX, I dont know the version,DO datastage software run on any AIX BOX.

Can Gurus help me on this.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage will run on AIX. Obviously there are version dependencies, which you can ascertain from the IBM website.

Depending on where you are in the world you may or may not be able to purchase directly from IBM; in some locations they work through a reseller network.

It may also be that, with the advent of version 8.0, some IBM people will have decided not to sell server edition. However, this is not official IBM policy as far as I am aware. If you get this kind of response, post again, and escalate your complaint within IBM.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
I called IBM people, they are not responding me.We have a partnership id with BUSSINESS OBJECTS, can i use this partnership id to download the software.
I went to download section i can't find the DATASTAGE SERVER VERSION FOR AIX.

can Gurus post me the link which takes me to the link where i can download this software, because even the IBM people doesn't know the links.Please help me out.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You give your vendor lots of $$$$, they provide the software, whether by download or on CD/DVD or other media.

That's how it works. Given that you are in a reseller arrangement, IBM will not talk to you. That's their rules - they seek to keep the reseller "in the loop" with regards to any problems you may be having.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Saama »

Hi Gurus,
How to get list of vendors.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whence did you purchase DataStage? That's your vendor.

If you haven't (yet) purchased DataStage, your local IBM office should be able to indicate where you can do so.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Try here.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE