INROWNUM issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

INROWNUM issue

Post by jusami25 »

Hi,

I'm facing a strange issue with the INROWNUM values. I have a routine call for the first row, this is done with the constratin @INROWNUM=1 after that all the rows will continue the processing normally. But for some reason the routine is never called because the @INROWNUM starts the count in 2. This si very strange????

There is a similar post viewtopic.php?t=103156&highlight=inrownum but it is not resolved. We tried some things explainend in the previous thread such as turnning off the Row Buffering, but the value 1 is never passing.

We changed several things, we disabled the routine call and we just write the values in order to debug the issue, but it seems like the row count is jumping for some reason.

Please Help.

Regards
Julio
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Julio,

just as on the other thread none of us have seen this error before, and the original poster stated that the same job imported into another project would work correctly. Is this also the case for you? If the error persists then can you make a copy of the "bad" job and remove just about everything from it (i.e. remove all columns except 1, remove any other stages) so it is a simple job with just the one transform stage? That can then be used to submit to your service provider.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the first line in your source file column headings?

Try using a stage variable, perhaps called svFirstTime, that is initialized to @TRUE and reset to @FALSE once a row has been processed. You will need a second stage variable to remember the prior row's value.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Describe your job, the stages used and which transformer is the one having @INROWNUM issues. Please.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Yes, I have faced this issues and tried several methods to fix it but nothing worked. the only work around that I can suggest (which worked for me) was to change the "stage" where you are using this variable - what i mean is move it to a previous stage or next stage but try to remove it from that particular stage.
If you do not have one , then introduce one stage and do your processing in it.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: INROWNUM issue

Post by DSguru2B »

jusami25 wrote: I have a routine call for the first row, this is done with the constratin @INROWNUM=1 after that all the rows will continue the processing normally
If the routine does'nt require input from your first row and is called before the processing of the rows then you can run the routine while initializing the stage variable. This way it will be called just once.
Just a thought.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.