timeout in ipc stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parvathi
Participant

timeout in ipc stage

Post by parvathi »

Hi all,
I have logic that is implemented as below, first i truncate all the target tables partitions and then only the loading of the data from the source to target will take place.while loading i used an IPC stage and set the time out to 10

I have doubt whether this timeout will be sufficient for truncating all the partitions before my load of data starts.

I have run the job no error till now. BUt i am suspecting because there are crores of records in the trget.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The truncation portion of your job occurs outside of the IPC stage timeout.
parvathi
Participant

Post by parvathi »

ArndW wrote:The truncation portion of your job occurs outside of the IPC stage timeout. ...
The process flows like this
oraclestage---transformer--- IPC----target
------------------------- |
------------------------- |
successfulltruncate partition

i have delayed the process such that only after successful compeletion of trncation then the loading from soucre to taget stage takes place
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

ArndW's statement answers your doubts. IPC stage doesn't timeout if your truncate process takes long. It would help us if you can show the process flow clearly by putting code or image tags around them.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Or just increase the timeout period.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
parvathi
Participant

Post by parvathi »

kris007 wrote: IPC stage doesn't timeout if your truncate process takes long. It would help us if you can show the process flow clearly by putting code or image tags around them.

Code: Select all

sourceoracle----transformer----IPC---target
                                   |
                                   |
                                   |
 input---procedure--transformer---hashedfile
for truncating         
after truncating is done fully then only loading from the source to target takesI will be loading around 3.5 crores of records

Does the timeout out depend on the time taken to retrieve therecords from the source oracle store it in the buffer and insert in to the target or

does it depend on the time taken for truncating the table as i am delaying the process if insertion through the hashed file