Job Start TIme and Job End Time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Job Start TIme and Job End Time

Post by pradkumar »

Hi

I am runing a master sequence. I would like to capture the start time of the job and End time of the job in a file or table.

How to accomplish this?
Pradeep Kumar
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

A long time ago, I tried running the BuiltIn DSJobReport subroutine as the last activity of a Job Sequence, instead of from the After-Job subroutine of a server job, as is intended.

From memory, it mostly worked, except the status showed as RUNNING, insteead of FINISHED. I chucked in the idea around then. I can't remember whether it showed an accurate Job End Time though. Give it a go.
Ross Leishman
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Find the list of jobs in Jobsequence, and use

Code: Select all

dsjob -report <project> <jobname> BASIC
. Or simple use the Popular EtlStatus from KimDuke homepage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you use DSGetJobInfo() from an after-job subroutine you can request the "interim status" - that is, the status with which the job will finish assuming it's not aborted by the after-job subroutine's ErrorCode argument.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.