Redbrick

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narsi1111
Participant

Redbrick

Post by narsi1111 »

I created a job with input as sequential file and do a bulk load in one of the tables in redbrick database. So, I used the option of Redbrick bulk load stage with the option Load Automatically = Y. The job runs without any errors. But in the database, but it's creating .bat files and .dat files and it's not creating TMU files

Expecting the reply at the earliest.
Thanx in Advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Welcome Aboard 8)
Confirm this for me, does the data get loaded or not? Also, the control files will be created in the directory you provided in "Control File Directory" property. Also, what is the file name that you are providing, if you are not providing any name it will default to table_name.tmu
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
narsi1111
Participant

Redbrick

Post by narsi1111 »

yeah it's loading the data into table but it's not genrating tmu files under Control File Directory. even i tried without passing Control File Directory
in this case it's genrating .dat files and .dat files not tmu files .

Thanks
narsi1111
Participant

Redbrick

Post by narsi1111 »

yeah it's loading the data into table but it's not genrating tmu files under Control File Directory. even i tried without passing Control File Directory
in this case it's genrating .dat files and .dat files not tmu files .

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Check for that file in your default project directory. Maybe its sitting there somewhere. Also, did you provide 'Y' for the property "Remove intermediate data file"? Try with 'N'.
If nothing works then set Load Automatically to 'N' and then go to the control file directory and see if it really gets created there or not.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If "remove automatically" is set to Yes, the TMU file is removed once the load has occurred.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
narsi1111
Participant

Redbrick

Post by narsi1111 »

HI
If i not pass Custom Control File Name it's genrating tmu file with the name of databasename_inputtablename.tmu
but i pass Custom Control File Name it's not genrating TMU file but it's genrating all files such as .bat,.sql,.dat

please can u help me

Thanks
narsi1111
Participant

Redbrick

Post by narsi1111 »

Hi

I put Remove intermediate data file =N even it's not genrating TMU file

:-)

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

are you providing the fully qualified name. Try giving it with quotes. See if that works. The file is getting created, otherwise how is the data being loaded.
narsi1111
Participant

Hi

Post by narsi1111 »

no buddy i got the answer if you wants pass user defined name for tmu file. in that case first run the job without passing any name for tmu it will genrate default name. and rename that file which name u want and use that name in u r job and run it it will creating tmu file. it means it's should expect tmu structure in the control directory.

:-)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Thanks for sharing the solution. You can mark your post as resolved.