REGARDING DATASTAGE JOBS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

REGARDING DATASTAGE JOBS

Post by Saama »

HI,
One of my friend was asking me that ,where is the job developed in the datastage is saved and in which format it is stored.
I explained him that , a folder is assigned by datastage, to each and every project , there datastage job is saved.
i couldn't explain him clearly, can anyone help me with this.

cheers;
saama
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not without knowing the reason for the request.

The best answer to such a vague question is "satisfactorily" - this is the answer Rolls Royce gives when asked questions about the power output of their engines. If it's good enough for them...

There is no reason to know this information, and it's all about to change anyway. The vendor reserves at all times the right to change how things are stored, and does so from time to time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Search ...Search...Search then POST.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Saama wrote: I explained him that , a folder is assigned by datastage, to each and every project , there datastage job is saved.
That's a decent answer you gave to your friend, unless he wants something more specific?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.