Reject certain rows with constraint

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kberisha
Participant

Reject certain rows with constraint

Post by kberisha »

HI to all.

I have a job design which looks like this:

A SEQFile --> Transf ---> Transf2 ---> Oracle.

My main issue is (even though I searched first, and I tried with constraint it didn't work) to reject some rows coming from that file.

For example in my column ID I want to reject this range of id's. for example I want to reject rows from 100 to 150 not to be loaded.

I did the constraint but something is going wrong.

I would appreciate your help.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Ok, that doesnt help much. Whats going wrong, the constraint deamon must be on a tea break.
Need more info
What is the constraint that you have specified?
What is the datatype of your key column?
You can have a simple in.Id>=100 AND in.ID<=150 for the reject link and the ! (NOT) of that for your main link.
I just realized that your sitting on px, so you need to consider number of nodes and current node as well.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job type is marked as server.

Thread is now marked as resolved, but without any information as to how it was resolved. We share here. Please post how you resolved your problem, to help others in future. It's OK to tell us, for example, that your constraint expression was actually incorrect, but do let us know the corrected version.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

As i understant
You have transformer stage 2 output link.one of them is about reject file.
if you use Transformer Stage,data matched by your constraint goes rejects file and all data goes the other link output.You can use constraint for the other link output(opposite to rejects constraint)