IP change

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j
Participant

IP change

Post by kumar_j »

Hi team,

.If there is Change in IP Address, what impact it will effect for our datastage server.I am using Server jobs .If required where to be changed

thks
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

I dont think there will be any impact other than changing the IP address for the host system (the server where datastage is installed) .If the database is installed in a different server other thn the server where datastage is installed check with your DBA to configure it accordingly
JT
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The connection between client and server does not depend upon that, as far as i know. All you need is the correct server name, username and offcourse, password. Your in.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

That is correct , in case a server name is specified for the host when you connect to datastage you dont need any change, if you use IP address you need to
JT
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Geez, Craig you could of picked a better post.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exception

If, for some reasons, you have hard-coded the mapping between server name and IP address in the hosts file on your client machine, you will need to correct this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.