initcap

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr46014
Participant

initcap

Post by dr46014 »

hi all
is there any initcap function in DataStage.How can i do initcap in DataStage..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes.

First suggestion would be to check the BASIC section of the online Help. There's a part where it lists functions based on what kind of operation you need to do. You would have found your answer there.

Direct answer is there is an OConv conversion code to do this, but I don't recall it off the top of my head. Biggest reason for that is because I don't need to - there are Transforms that make it easier to use and self-documenting. The one you are looking for is Capitals and I suggest you open it up in the Manager and see how it was defined, perhaps even read up on on the conversion code, rather than just type it in and use it.

Teach a man to fish...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

There is no initcap function in PX Transformer as such. I think you have to write a parallel routine for that.

Thanks,
Ajith
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just for you, I logged into work to get the gory details on helping you help yourself. :wink:

Turns out this particular 'task' isn't listed where I pointed you, although many others are. However, going to transforms (server jobs) in the Index does turn it and its brethren up in the string sub-category.

Suggest you read through all of the transforms as they can come in rather handy. :wink:
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ajith wrote:There is no initcap function in PX Transformer as such. I think you have to write a parallel routine for that.
Posted as a 'Server' question, hence my answer.
-craig

ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

chulett wrote:
ajith wrote:There is no initcap function in PX Transformer as such. I think you have to write a parallel routine for that.
Posted as a 'Server' question, hence my answer.
My Mistake , You are right

:roll: :roll:
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The ICONV/OCONV conversion code that gets this done is "MCT".
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.