Hash file problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hash file problem

Post by ady »

I am trying to join columns from 2 transformers here. I am using a hashfile stage to make the join by manually giving a column and making it as the key in both tables.

The log says:

Timestamp:12/15/2006 5:03:33 PM
Event type:Fatal
User:balinea
TSTExtractRtlChnMerchNCDollars..x_trailer: |TSTExtractRtlChnMerchNCDollars..h_lookup.l_to_hf: DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: invalid number of arguments
.|
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Search for "DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile", there are many posts discussed about this.
Do a "Search for all terms" you get more results for this.

In brief- The error is because you have trouble reading a hashed file
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, it's because the name of the hashed file is invalid and is confusing the mkdbfile command. Typically this is because the Job Parameter used in the stage is not defined in the job, so the #PARAMETER_NAME# is still there untranslated.
Last edited by chulett on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, the problem here is that the command for CREATING the hashed file is not being generated correctly. Try re-compiling the job, then validating it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ady »

Environment variable problem ....its working now :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please advise which environment variable it was, so that others can more rapidly solve it if they get the same problem in future.

I am not aware of any environment variable that would affect the operation of mkdbfile, unless you were using that environment variable as a job parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.