regarding peculiar problem when using DRS STAGE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding peculiar problem when using DRS STAGE

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus;
iam using DRS STAGE as source stage as well as target stage.
In the target DRS STAGE, iam defining the properties of target stage as
create table action-do not create database table- since i don't have priviledges.
update action-insert rows without clearing.
Array size-1
Transcation size-0
Transcation isolation-read committed.
iam running the job, its running fine.on the designer i see 89 rows,0 rows/sec and on the target isee 0 rows,o rows/sec.
again when i view, iam able to view the entire data in the target.
i want to know what does 0 ROWS/SEC INDICATES.
why doesn't it show 89 rows in the target- why does it show 0 rows.
what should i update in the target ,so that i can view 89 rows extracted - at the target stage.
cheers;
vijay
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Is this behaviour only happening with the DRS stage or with other stages as well? If you erplace the DRS stage with Sequential file stage. What happens then? Also go to the log director and i think the second last entry will tell the job stats. Check for the rows for your output link. Is that 0 too?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: regarding peculiar problem when using DRS STAGE

Post by chulett »

vijaykumar wrote:i want to know what does 0 ROWS/SEC INDICATES.
It means they were all loaded in less than a second... or you loaded nothing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi gurus,
when i see the director-log, iam getting lot of warnings.
warnings such as
DRS6:TRANSFORMER_2:CUSTOMERID=COMPANYNAME=CONTACTNAME=CONTACTTITLE=ADDRESS=CITY=REGION=POSTALCODE=ADRESS=NULL

here customer id,company name all are the columns in my database, iam extracting data from MSSQL SERVER.
iam also getting another warning.
AT ROW 87:LINK "DS LINK4" ROW REJECTED.
DRS6:TRANSFORMER:[MICROSOFT][ODBCSQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] THE STATEMENT HAS BEEN TERMINATED.

plz help me in eliminating these errors.

cheers;
vijay
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Ok, rerun the job for just 1 record and post us all the warning messages you are getting. You are missing some warning messages that are important for debugging.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the log, to see whether there are 89 warnings. Check the Transformer stage, to ensure that there is no constraint expression preventing rows from being forwarded to the target.

0 rows/sec means that the stage finished in less than 0.5 seconds. Seconds are rounded to integer, and divide-by-zero errors are avoided by reporting 0 when the denominator is zero. One of many reasons why rows/sec is not a useful metric, in my opinion. In the "active stage finishing" log event you can get CPU and elapsed times rounded to the nearest millisecond.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi gurus,
iam getting errors like.
DYNAMICRDBMS_0:DSLINK3:DSLINK3:DSPOPENGCI
TRANSFORMER[DYNAMIC RDBMS_0 DSLINK3:DSP OPEN ERROR 100]
iam able to compile, but its not validating.
plz help me.
cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That means that there's something wrong with either the connection information or the authentication information, the way the database client software is configured, or possibly that the database server is not accessible or unavailable.
You will need to do the detective work. It is not possible from here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.