Datetime field overflow error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prmuttireddy
Participant

Datetime field overflow error

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

I have been using the following scenario.
DRS stage(source)---->Trans Stage---->DRS stage(target)

In Target table i have one filed as Maritus_DT and data type is Date.I have changed that filed data type to Timestamp.But that field not exists in the Source.so i have given the default value as "DSJOBSTARTTIMESTAMP"
but while i was running it has been giving the error as following.

Serv_hr89_epm89_dep_ben_eff_ins_after_upd..TRNAddSubRecVal: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0114E Datetime field overflow. SQLSTATE=22008

How to solve this one.Please help me.

Adavanced thanks.

Regards,
Reddy.
ajith
Participant

Re: Datetime field overflow error

Post by ajith »

prmuttireddy wrote:Hi,

I have been using the following scenario.
DRS stage(source)---->Trans Stage---->DRS stage(target)

In Target table i have one filed as Maritus_DT and data type is Date.I have changed that filed data type to Timestamp.But that field not exists in the Source.so i have given the default value as "DSJOBSTARTTIMESTAMP"

Serv_hr89_epm89_dep_ben_eff_ins_after_upd..TRNAddSubRecVal: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0114E Datetime field overflow. SQLSTATE=22008

How to solve this one.Please help me.

Adavanced thanks.

Regards,
Reddy.
That may be because when you give DSJOBSTARTTIMESTAMP as a timestamp, the data will be stored in datastage default timestamp format ie
yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss

now if your database expect the insert values in some other format you have to explicitly convert DSJOBSTARTTIMESTAMP to that format

you can use TimestamptoString function to achieve that ..

If you go to the DRS and check the generated query you will be able to understand the format in which that expects the data

Hope that helps,
Ajith
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your reply.But i am not getting solution.In source generated query for Timestamp it has used as
TO_CHAR(source fieldname, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS').
But in this case how to keep the conversion for that default DSJOBTIMESTAMP value.

Regards,
Reddy.
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

prmuttireddy wrote:Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your reply.But i am not getting solution.In source generated query for Timestamp it has used as
TO_CHAR(source fieldname, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS').
But in this case how to keep the conversion for that default DSJOBTIMESTAMP value.

Regards,
Reddy.
use TimeStampToString(DSJOBTIMESTAMP,"%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss") in the transformer, that would help
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

ajith wrote: use TimeStampToString(DSJOBTIMESTAMP,"%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss") in the transformer, that would help
Thats a px function and of no use in a server job.
prmuttireddy, how did you change the date field to timestamp. Changing just in DataStage is not enough. YOu have to change it in the database table. The date field requires a field of length 10 and your passing it a timestamp. Try passing just DSJobStartDate.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

DSguru2B wrote:
ajith wrote: use TimeStampToString(DSJOBTIMESTAMP,"%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss") in the transformer, that would help
Thats a px function and of no use in a server job.
prmuttireddy, how d ...
oops, I apologise for the mistake,Thanks to DSGuru for pointing that out

for me under
routines->sdk->Date
there is a function
called DateTimeStampToOraOCIWithTime(DSJOBTIMESTAMP)
similarly there are ones for ODBC and SYbase too
try with that.

really sorry for the inconvenience caused
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datetime field overflow error

Post by I_Server_Whale »

prmuttireddy wrote:Hi,

What is your target database? Is the target field expecting a date with timestamp or just the date?

If its just the date, then did you try using 'DSJobStartDate' instead of 'DSJobStartTimestamp'.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

Target database is DB2(DRS stage).

I have changed to date to timestap datatype and i have given the DSJOBSTARTTIMESTAP as default value.But it is not working.

regards,
Reddy.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi,

What is the datatype of the field in the DB2 database? Did you try 'DSJobStartDate' macro?

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

I changed to Timestamp.Actual the Datatype in DB2 is DATE.Even i tried using DSJOBSTARTDATE also,not work out.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Instead of just saying this
prmuttireddy wrote:also,not work out.
It is always advised to provide more detail about your problem, more importantly the error messages that you are encountering when running the job(s).

Can you post the error/warning messages from the DS Director?

Thanks,
Whale.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

I already mentioned,ok no problem..
here i am sending the warning........

Regards,
Reddy.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I believe DB2 requires date in internal format. Try ICONV(DSJobStartDate,"D-YMD")
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Although a little diversion from the actual problem, I'm wondering the reason behind the use of a DRS stage to load a DB2 table.

Why aren't you using the DB2_UDB_API stage instead? Any specific reasons other than the DB switching capability of DRS stage?

Try using the DB2 API stage.

Whale.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

Thanks to all.I resolved it.
we can use Either two ways.

DSJobStartDate : " 00:00:00"

(OR)

ICONV(DSJobStartDate,"D-YMD")

Regards,
Reddy.