Function Row_row_to_buffer failed means

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat n
Participant

Function Row_row_to_buffer failed means

Post by venkat n »

internal error-Function Row_row_to_buffer failed means ?

when we are trying to load a DB2 table by using DB2 bulk load from a DB2 table with two hash file lookups, while liading sometimes we are getting an internal error: Function Row_to_buffer Failed < ONT>
Venkat Nagabhairu
EDS
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Load the output to a file and then in a second job just have a straight load between the file and the bulk loader. See if the error persists.
Is that the only error message you are getting. What messages are there in the message file. See if any additional messages are there.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

What are the "Properties" that you set in the DB2 Bulk Load Stage?

What is the value of the property "Rows Buffer Size" defined in your stage?

Try increasing that value.

Also, did you encounter any other error messages?. It will help if you could post a chunk of the log messages rather than a single line.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE