Dstelnet service not starting.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jojipjohn
Participant

Dstelnet service not starting.

Post by jojipjohn »

Hi,

When I reinstalled Datastage on my machine the telnet service is not starting. it is giving the error " Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried starting the services seperately from services window in control panel and I was able start the services except telnet services. This was saying the service started and stopped.
Anyone have an idea what is wrong.
Joji John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have something else (another telnet service?) operating on port #23? For example I run MKS Toolkit which has its own telnet service AND UniVerse which has its own telnet service AND UniData which has its own telnet service. By default all of these want to use port #23; in practice only the first one to start can, so all the others fail to start. Since any one of these is OK, I disable the others from starting. But another solution would be to use different port numbers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.