Deciding on what product to use for my needs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Deciding on what product to use for my needs

Post by SPA_BI »

Currently we use DataStage server Edition 7.5 and we do a lot of batch processing. We would like to move from batch processing to near real time processing. We would also like to make the processes event driven and possibly make use of XML and web services. Could my current DataStage version cope with this, or should I be looking to migrate to a different DataStage product?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
from SPA_BI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your current version could manage it, if you have a suitable mechanism for detecting the events (say a file arriving in a directory). You can get near real time without the SOA components.

But if you do buy the SOA components you will be able to get even nearer to real time. You will be able to publish your DataStage job as a web service. Contact your vendor to get more details, maybe even a demo.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.