passing parameter to stored procedure stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Veni
Participant

passing parameter to stored procedure stage

Post by Veni »

Hi every one,

i am calling one oracle stored procedure from stored procedure stage using datastage job.

In my stored procedure i have two parameter first parameter , i need to pass VALUE 'Y' BASSED on the first parameter the stored procedure will fetch records from a table and doing some business logic and sending true /false to output parameter.

is any one know hos to pass parameter value ('Y' /'N') to stored procedure stage.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Add an extra column to the input link. Upstream use a Transformer stage to populate that column with the value of the job parameter using a job parameter reference (that is, the job parameter name surrounded by "#" characters).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The number of column that available in the input link will be the input parameter to the Stored procedure stage. To have an column which will be the input for the SP stage, you can follow the Ray's method. Include a dummy transformer with the column populated by Job properties or the inbuilt Date function.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'