RT_LOGxxx Not Found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Check which job is 287?
Go to the director of the job and clear the job log, check whether it allows you to clear it or not, if yes, then re run the job.
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Love,
This repeats every week. Done with the clearing and compilation of the job , which was recommended , and the frst step that I do when this error pops up. But it does not seem to be a perm solution. So need to find a reason for it so that can be fixed for good.
Thanks
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Deepak,

Why cant you import the job again, so that it will clear all the old entries and create new entries.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

I did this last week. Deleted the Job and Reimported it in the project , but this error came up again this week. DO I have to do it again?? :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Find out who's deleting them. Castigate them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Well , yes I will for sure. But not sure how to find that out. No one is running anything at that time on the server as well. Grrrrr.... :shock: ..
nishant_prakash
Participant

Post by nishant_prakash »

Hi Deepak,

I was facing a similar problem but jus found the reason and solution to it..

The reason is that your datastage application directory has reached 100% of its allotted space..
The solution is you need to first enable "auto purge" feature in Ds administartor for your project.
Second, you need to manually set the option of Auto purge in the jobs that you have created uptil this point sice the auto purge feature will now work ONLy in the new jobs that you create.. And dont forget to clear the logs of all your jobs which have run with warnings and increased the size of log files theru the "immediate purge" option in director.

If DS is completely hung up and is not responding then first ask ur SA to assign half a GB space to the application directory so that DS has the space to execute processes.

Hope this helps...
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Thank you..Can be the reason as the Job log is huge. Will Auto purge the log for the particular Job and check out if it works..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the meantime, a manual purge (up to the last run) would help you to get up and running again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Yes it did. Thanks.