Using Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY data type in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY data type in DataStage

Post by SPA_BI »

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY data type in DataStage?

I'm carrying out spatial analysis and need to pass this data through DataStage. Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
from SPA_BI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmm... don't really know as I haven't tried to marry DataStage with Oracle 'object' datatypes like this one yet. Are you trying to select it, update it, insert it? In other words, wondering where you need help.

Usually, there are packages or functions defined for this... let's see... looks like SDO_FILTER or SDO_RELATE to get stuff out. I found this O'Reilly Network article which seems like it might be a decent reference for fun stuff like this. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OETL (object ETL) is not a three-letter acronym, and would therefore be frowned upon by IBM, the TLA company. :lol:

SETL (spatial ETL) is too close an acronym to SETI, a project that is consuming humungous amounts of CPU. :shock:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.