Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris_r
Participant

Post by kris_r »

Wanted to know about the way Log files are maintained in DB2 similar to Oracle where we have Metadata table which stores the Log entries. Is there anything similar in DB2 which stores the Log files....
Any info on this will be very helpful.. :)
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

How do you load data. In most of the database, the load will be optionally logged. You can collect it in a file as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kris_r
Participant

Post by kris_r »

I am getting the Warnings in the Log, but is there any file in which it is also logged which I can access.
I know I can get the log by using DSGetLogSummary function, but that will consume a lot of memory.
I want to know if there is any place where the log will get stored....
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

All the log files are stored in the project directory as RT_LogXXXX where XXXX is the Job Number. You can get the Job Number from DS_JOBS, but these files cannot be read as normal file.

You have to write a utility on your own, to convert those entries to a normal file. Search on this forum , you will get lot of posts on converting the log file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm confused... are you looking for information on DataStage logs or something DB2 related as you stated in your initial post? :?

If the latter, suggest you go and have a chat with your DBAs.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris_r
Participant

Post by kris_r »

Yes, I am referring to Datastage Logs. The Logs which appear as warning in director should be stored somewhere on the datastage server as files. I want to know if we can access these files and where it will be stored(just like logs are stored in metadata table when it comes to oracle....)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are NO log files in DataStage. Logged events are stored in database tables (hashed files) called RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the job number. You can archive the events from them by a number of techniques, all of which can be found via a Search of the forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.