Problem of Misssing Jobs..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sibysjoseph
Participant

Problem of Misssing Jobs..

Post by sibysjoseph »

HI All,
This problem happened while i tried to kill a job. I went to the director and tried using the cleanup resource option and something strange happened.It seems like i am not able to find any jobs present in the director or designer(They are simply missing).How can i view the jobs back ?? Is it that the Jobs have vanished .?
I even tried Importing the jobs and it says that "Job already exist"..So if the job exists why am i not able to view th jobs ?
Kindly throw some light into this ..
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Try to reboot the Computer first only client and if that doesn't work also Server.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
sibysjoseph
Participant

missing JObs

Post by sibysjoseph »

Hi WoMaWil,
Rebooting the server is out of option !!i have restarted the client and still the the problem persists ... :(
Thanks!

Siby S Joseph
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

go to the server and use on the Command line the dsjob statement for to see if you get there job details.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

You've corrupted or otherwise lost the index to the jobs. I assume you can't see them in Designer under the jobs category? Can you go to File on the main menu in Designer and open a job from the list? If so, then make sure no one is logged onto the DataStage server (No active ports except dsrpc LISTEN) and rebuild the Repository Indices (DS.TOOLS Option 2). All the jobs should re-appear.
sibysjoseph
Participant

Post by sibysjoseph »

hi trobinson,
As u said i am not able to see any jobs under the Jobs catogory.Again in the File option i don't see any jobs under existing tab,but i am able to open few jobs which are under the recents tab..
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

hi joseph,

before you do anything to the index you should perhaps invest into investigation and get more simple solutions. If it is an other reason you may do more harm to DataStage than you need to.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Also consider doing a backup, project wide backup, before you attempt anything.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for the DS.REINDEX command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.