ORAOCI9 Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

paweljanowski
Participant

ORAOCI9 Stage

Post by paweljanowski »

Hi!
I tried to find such information but without a success, so I decided to post my question - is there any correspondence between Column-generated SQL query and User-defined SQL query. In particular if I've got defined both of them in the same stage, which one is executed or if both - in which order?

I'd appreciate any help.
Pawel Janowski
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

normaly the one you select is excecuted. If you make a column-based one the statement is basis for change in user-defined. Sometimes you have some strange behaviours. If you switch from user-defined to column best is to delete the user defined one. If you use user-defined best is also to delete derivations in the column-definition completly otherwise you may also get strang or wrong behaviour.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
paweljanowski
Participant

Post by paweljanowski »

WoMaWil wrote:normaly the one you select is excecuted. ....
How do I select - you mean the one which is displayed when I look in Query Type on Output tab of the stage?
Pawel Janowski
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup. And I personally haven't seen any need to delete one or the other when switching. The only thing that it tends to confuse or cause strange behaviour in that I've noticed is the person looking at the job. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
clshore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by clshore »

I have seen instances where the generated and custom SQL statements used different job parameters, and when running the job, you still had to supply values for both.

A minor annoyance.

Carter Shore