Seqeunce Trigger Expression

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdoubt
Participant

Seqeunce Trigger Expression

Post by dsdoubt »

Hi,
I have three job activity connected to a Sequencer and another jobactivity following that.
I need to make the sequence to wait for all the jobs to finish either OK or with Warnings. Then I need to trigger the next job.
I can give All as condition.
What should I give in Trigger condition in 3 jobs. If I put unconditional, if even the jobs fails, the sequence will trigger the following jobs. It shouldnt happen. If I give OK, it won't accept warnings. So to give Finishe OK or Warnings?
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Seqeunce Trigger Expression

Post by dsscholar »

You can cutomize the trigger to make it..Finished Ok or Finished with Warnings..Or you canjust mention that the Job 3 should be triggerred if none of the previous of FAILED

You can do this by making the trigger custom conditional..and setting expression as <JobActivityName>.$JobStatus <> 1

Hope this helps !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Each job activity should have a Custom trigger firing on finished OK or finished with warnings.

Code: Select all

JobA.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNOK Or JobA.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNWARN
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsdoubt
Participant

Post by dsdoubt »

This this helps.
One short question. How to get the Job name automatically (or by any click event). I copied the name of the JobActivity or typed the name of the JobActivity name manually in JobA.$JobStatus.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? You mean in your Trigger Expression? Use the ellipsis (...) and choose 'Activity Variable'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsdoubt
Participant

Post by dsdoubt »

mentioned ellipsis mentioned is not available in Trigger Expression. Iam using version 7.0, is that a reason?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would guess so... don't recall back to my 7.0 days. However, if you go to the Trigger tab, change it to custom and there's no ellipses when you click in the field, then I guess you are on your own. At least until you upgrade. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In 7.0 you have to type in the name of the activity, a "." character then the name of the activity variable, for example $JobStatus or $UserStatus. There is no point-and-click available in version 7.0 alas.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.