Urgent - The upgradation time from 7.1 to 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshumangupta1206
Participant

Urgent - The upgradation time from 7.1 to 7.5

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

Hi,

We are in the process to upgrade the Datastage server engine from version 7.1 to 7.5, and the process has already taken a couple of hours.

There is scheduled downtime of the unix server in a few hours from now.

Can any please let me know how much time does it normally take for the datastage engine from version 7.1 to 7.5 for around 1700 jobs in the project.

Thanks
wed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Two or three hours, I would think... hard to say, too many variables. You could always tail the install log to follow the progress.

I'll skip the whole 'urgent' speech, Ray has one all set to go and I'm sure he'll be along eventually. I just happened to be in the neighborhood...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Urgent - The upgradation time from 7.1 to 7.5

Post by tagnihotri »

Were you able to complete the upgradation? As in I was just wondering if the UNIX comes down in between what will be the scenario :?

anshumangupta1206 wrote:Hi,

We are in the process to upgrade the Datastage server engine from version 7.1 to 7.5, and the process has already taken a couple of hours.

There is scheduled downtime of the unix server in a few hours from now.

Can any please let me know how much time does it normally take for the datastage engine from version 7.1 to 7.5 for around 1700 jobs in the project.

Thanks