Avoid 'Run Stop' even on fatal Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

theverma
Participant

Avoid 'Run Stop' even on fatal Error

Post by theverma »

Hello friends...
Can we Avoid the Job Abort state even after getting fatal error while processing any Row?
Actually,i want my job to process all the rows.Now my job get abort/stop when 3 or 4 fatal errors occured.But i want that the job should proceed after any fatal error also...

Please guide me how to acheive this!!

Thanx
Arun Verma
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Mr Verma
As per my opinion, there are some reason reason of the fatal error, you can not simply continue even if there is fatal error.;
e.g. if the fatal error is bcoz of some design issue, how can you expect the job still to continue all the row to process....
but you can still continue with proper handling the data at the the kind of stages you are using...
i would also like to know, if there is any way to achieve this.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

While there is no method I am aware of to run a job in Server Edition the way you want, I would also like to suggest that it is not among the best practices.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is ALWAYS a way in server jobs to run without creating fatal errors from the job design, if you are not using row buffering. I include that caveat (a) because you do not have control of the ipc mechanism and (b) because theverma seems infatuated with using the IPC stage.

Environmental fatal errors, such as inability to connect to data sources, are not part of the job design and should, of course, remain fatal errors.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
theverma
Participant

Post by theverma »

Thanx Ray...
Can u please explain this..as i m not able to see ur full message.
Arun Verma
ak77
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ak77 »

Verma - you need Premier membership to view the reply in full.

Ray - U always amaze me with your replies. You mean that it is possible to run the job even after fatal errors. Can you please explain how it can be done?

thanks
AK77