Job level Warning, but no abort!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nelab28
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job level Warning, but no abort!

Post by nelab28 »

Scenario :

Job A :
Table A Containing 3 columns is populated fine with checks for Not null, and field length checks. There is a reject link, and it works fine to capture rejects.

JobB :
The Table A is checked for new records, or altered existing records in the transformer. The transformer has 2 output links. one for Updating Table B, and the other for inserting the new values from Table B.

Table A and Table B have similar definitions. Only difference is that Table B has a surrogate key, which is populate using the DSRoutine.

My Concern:

JobB is run after the successful run of JobA. I do not want to have a reject link in the JobB, as the validations have been performed in JobA. The requirement is to abort the job as soon as there is a warning. If there is a case of a warning coming up eg.tablespace, would there be a warning only without aborting the job?. I am assuming that any tablespace warnings/errors would be followed by the job getting aborted. Will it be the case or not ?

Solution :

pls. tell me :)
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can call UtilityAbortToLog for any special cases checked from the transformer.
tablespace warnings/errors would be followed by the job getting aborted
It is other way, the job will be aborted due to these tablespace issues.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Job level Warning, but no abort!

Post by gateleys »

Use a job sequence, where Job_B has one trigger ($JOBSTATUS = 2 of Finished with warnings) to the Terminator stage. Yet another way is to use a warning limit of 0 when you run the sequence. And of course, Kumar has already suggested a method.

gateleys