Is it a bug for DS Director?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sea_key
Participant

Is it a bug for DS Director?

Post by sea_key »

I build a job. In its "after-job subroutine" I write down the DOS command:
"copy d:\userquery.mdb \\suzs004a\enduserquery\userquery.mdb /y"
to copy a file to another network folder. I'm sure the login user have the full control right to that folder.

when I run it directly. It's Ok. But when this job run from schedule. It will show an error to say have no rights to \\suzs004a\enduserquery folder.

Why? Does it means Director use an other user to run the job when use Schedule?

Is there any body know about it ?

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It isn't a director bug, but the way in which windows assigns permissions to the remote folder or even maps that folder. To check that, just change your copy command to use a local folder and you'll see that runs OK from a job.
Are you using the same userid when running the DS job?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Or check if you are using different user id to run and a different one to Schedule.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sea_key
Participant

Post by sea_key »

Thank you.
I run this JOb when I login as administrator, I also run schedule it at the same user as administrator. but the result is I can run this job, but schedule cannot. does it means Director schedule will use another user to start the job?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can find userid that been used for the job run from the log. If you double click on any of the event, it will show you the user.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the Schedule tab in Administrator to verify whether or not you really do run under the same ID for scheduled jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

One possible reason could be the number of warnings to abort the job, in director, when you run a job the default number of warnings before the job is aborted is 50. however when you run the job through designer, there is no limit on the max number of warnings,

in this case if your job is producing a lot of warnins ( i.e., more than the default value set in director), it will not run through director but it will run through designer.
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by ak77 »

Hi -

Change the permission of the file that you are trying to copy. Sometimes this becomes an issue if you are running the job as a differnt user.

AK77
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

You can resolve this by giving the "administrator" user credentials in the Schedule tab in DataStage Administrator. If this is left blank, permissions of Windows system scheduler are used by Scheduler to copy files. And hence the error message because of insufficient permissions for the system user on your NT network drive