View Data fails for large number of records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

View Data fails for large number of records

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

When I do view-data on a small number of rows it looks fine, but when the number increases (and I talk of 100s not millions) the view data fails and the client crushes (connection brakes).

I guess it has something to do with the machines memory settings in the Windows registry (SharedSection) .
The problem began since a Tivolli agent was installed on the ETL machine.

Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks
Amos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you get any error message?

I suspect that the client machine is running out of memory. Monitor memory usage (Task Manager, always on top) when attempting a large View Data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Thanks Ray,

I do get an error message of cennection was broken ... (don't have it with me right now)

It happeneds on all clients (more then 10 + one on the server machine) but I think it is not a client problem but it's in the server: When I do view-data the _slave process is killed so the client pops up a message becasue it looses it's connection.

Are you familliar with the SharedSection registry settings ?

Thanks
Amos