Source and Target have DRS stages data is not loading.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prmuttireddy
Participant

Source and Target have DRS stages data is not loading.

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

My Source is DRS stage and Target also same.But data is not peoperly loaded into target.

My source having Date filed and its having data also.After the run the job the data in Date field is not loading into target.Its showing the empty values.How to solve this one.Please help on this.

Regards,
Reddy.
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Hi Reddy

Whether You are getting any errors? If not run the job with Array Size 1 and i hope you may get some errors.

Still the data is not loaded, then I hope you are having NULL in your data and you are trying to populate that to a Not Nullable Column.

Do the Null Handling, Your problem will be solved.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

When i am trying with DB2 satge its working properly.But when i am trying with DRS stage its not loading Date values into Target.

Reagrds,
Reddy.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

What are the source and target databases (DB2?). If DB2, try changing all columns with metadata DATE to TIMESTAMP and see if that fixes your problem.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would guess that the DB2 and DRS stages want DB2 date fields in different formats. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
I think you need to check with date format based on the target source. What is your target?
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

The best way to Debug this will be put sequential file just after the source DRS and just Before the Target DRS and Pull out the date field in the files. You will know where the problem lies - whether in reading or while writing.
After you do that you will need to change the format so that it becomes compatible with your source and target DB.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What database type do you specify in the Dynamic RDBMS stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Thanks to all for reply.

Actually i am using DB2 database and the source is DRS stage and Target also DRS.I changed Date to Timestamp its working fine.
I checked Sequential file its not loading in that also.
Is there other way to load the load without changing to Timestamp.

Regards,
Reddy.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How is it possible that the input is a valid, non-null date field and is not showing up in the sequential file. You must be constraining it in your transformer stage.
Another wierd thing, how come its showing up in the database and not in the sequential file :roll:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only things that prevent writing to sequential file are constraints, permissions and "file system full" conditions.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Once I changed Date to Timestamp now its working in both File and DRS stage also.I want to know is there other way without changing the Date to Timestamp.

Regards,
REDDY.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That depends on whether your target supports DATE data type. What was the data type of this column in the imported table definition?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

The issue is that the DB2 Plugin and DRS stage set to DB2 have the same stupid logic that translates DATE datatype values to the internal DS BASIC date integer value. Toggling to TIMESTAMP prevents this from happening, and everything works fine. When loading into a table, DATE columns are expected to have the internal DS BASIC date integer values, toggling to TIMESTAMP bypasses that logic as well.

Yes, you can use VARCHAR as well, just don't have the data type set to DATE. Sorry, take it up with Ascential.

The other alternative is to ALWAYS use an ICONV/OCONV date formatting derivation immediately before/after a DB2 or DRSw/DB2 stage. Toggling the metadata is easiest.
Kenneth Bland

kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

By the way, the Informix, Sybase, and DB2 plugins all have this same issue. Get used to toggling DATE to TIMESTAMP. the DRS stage is just a facade to the plugins, so it's all the same.
Kenneth Bland