Error in opening a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

theverma
Participant

Error in opening a job

Post by theverma »

Hi Friends...
I have ended my job forcefully by doing the end process from the Task Manager.But now it's not opening and giving an error message like 'it is being accessed by another user'.
Any help will be highly regarded...
Thanx
Arun Verma
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Ask you DSadmin to release the lock on that job. Or you can go to the Director>>Jobs>>CleanupResources and look at the process Id in the Locks Section and logout that process from the Processes section if you are familiar with it. If not, I would suggest you ask your dsadmin.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
avi21st
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error in opening a job

Post by avi21st »

theverma wrote:Hi Friends...
I have ended my job forcefully by doing the end process from the Task Manager.But now it's not opening and giving an error message like 'it is being accessed by another user'.
Any help will be highly regarded...
Thanx

You can check from Unix if the job is accessed by doing a ps -ef|grep ds

I prefer to use the Datastage director and from there go to Cleanup resources where you can check if the job is used by someone. If you are the dsadm or the owner of the job then you can log it out.
Avishek Mukherjee
Data Integration Architect
Chicago, IL, USA.
theverma
Participant

Post by theverma »

Thanx for the reply..but my Cleanup Resources option is coming disabled in the Director > Job .
Only i m the owner of the Job.

Thanx
Arun Verma
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

That means you might not have permission to perform that action. Talk to your dsadmin. He is the one who can help you out.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Never kill DataStage processes in this way. You are unaware of the relationships between DataStage processes; there are typically at least two processes involved in running a server job.

Having done so, as others have pointed out, you (or an Administrator) need to effect repairs; in particular unlocking the lock on the job, but possibly also the network connection (is there still a client connected to that killed process?).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

"Enable job Admistration in Director" option should be checked in DS Adminstrator by the dsadm id inorder to get the Cleanup Resource option enabled for you userid.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
theverma
Participant

Post by theverma »

Thanx friends...
This as been done..!!!
Arun Verma